Fluid Composition Impact on Heat Exchangers Volume of Closed-Cycle Gas Turbine Plant
Machines and Plants: Design and Exploiting # 02, April 2016
1 Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow, Russia
The paper subject is a choice of the fluid composition for the heat exchangers (HE) of a closed-cycle gas turbine plant (CGTP).References
The study of the fluid composition impact on heater dimensions is a subtask in designing a 25 kW long-resourced CGTP with gas temperature of 1273 K before the turbine for a remote autonomous consumer of energy. The aim of this study is to find the optimal mixture to have the HE minimum volumes of the CGTP. Herein, heating is provided through the heat supply from the combustion of various cheap kinds of fuel, which, in turn, may result in contaminating heat exchange surfaces. In the analysis an additional condition is that it is necessary to reduce the level of contamination of heat exchange surfaces, which is reached by using a HE tubular matrix and a turbulent regime of flow.
A mixture of inert gas and helium- xenon is used, as a fluid, to increase the life of the plant. The paper illustrates how the thermal conductivity and viscosity of the helium-xenon mixture depend on the percentage composition of helium in the mixture.
The paper describes in detail the effect of the helium-xenon mixture composition on the mixture flow parameters in the preheater and on the volume of its matrix. In addition, it gives the calculation results on how the helium-xenon mixture composition effects on the volumes of the regenerator and cooler matrices.
After assessing the impact of the helium-xenon mixture composition on the HE parameters their comparison is conducted in terms of volume and cost of materials from which to make them. From these data a conclusion is drawn that the heater volume has a great effect on the cost of heat exchange equipment, and it is advisable to choose the mixture composition with which its volume is minimal.
- Arbekov A.N., Leont'yev A.I., Samsonov V.L., Surovtsev I.G., Katorgin B.I., Chvanov V.K., Kashkarov A.M., Eliseev Yu.S., Trdat'yan S.A., Babaev I.G. Denuclearized energetics of manned flight to Mars. Izvestiya Rossiyskoy akademii nauk. Energetika = Proceedings of RAS. Power Engineering, 2002, no. 4, pp. 3-12. (In Russian).
- Manushin E.A., Beknev B.C, Osipov M.I., Surovtsev I.G. Yadernye gazoturbinnye i kombinirovannye ustanovki[Nuclear gas-turbine and integrated units]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1993. 272 p. (In Russian).
- Sterman L.S., Tevlin S.A., Sharkov A.T. Teplovye i atomnye elektrostantsii [Thermal and nuclear power station]. Moscow, Energozdat Publ., 1982. 457 p. (In Russian).
- Arbekov A.N. Off-line long-life unservice close gas organic fuel-powered turbine. Vestnik SGAU = Vestnik of the Samara State Aerospace University, 2012, no. 3-2(34), spec. iss., p. 307-312. (In Russian).
- Eliseev Yu.S, Manushin E.A., Mikhal'tsev V.E., Osipov M.I., Surovtsev I.G. Teoriya i proektirovanie gazoturbinnykh i kombinirovannykh ustanovok [Theory and development of gas-turbine and integrated units]. Moscow, Bauman MSTU Publ., 2000. 635 p. (In Russian).
- Leont'yev A.I., Arbekov A.N., Burtsev S.A., Golubev S.V. Teplokhladoenergeticheskiy agregat [Heat-and-cool power aggregate]. Patent RF no.123069, MPK F01K25/10. 20.12.2012.
- Arbekov A.N., Burtsev S.A. Research of the working cycle of a closed gas turbine in a tri-generation unit operating on a sequential scheme. Nauka i obrazovanie MGTU im. N.E. Baumana = Science and Education of the Bauman MSTU, 2012, no. 3, pp. 1-14. Available at: http://technomag.bmstu.ru/doc/359008.html (accessed: 28.01.2016). (In Russian).
- Arbekov A.N., Burtsev S.A. Research of closed gas turbine cycle of a trigeneration unit operating on parallel schema. Teplovye protsessy v tekhnike = Thermal Processes in Engineering, 2012, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 326-331. (In Russian).
- Burtsev S.A., Kochurov D.S., Shchegolev N.L. Investigation of the helium proportion influence on the Prandtl number value of gas mixtures. Nauka i obrazovanie MGTU im. N.E. Baumana = Science and Education of the Bauman MSTU, 2014, no. 5, pp. 314-329. (In Russian). DOI: 10.7463/0514.0710811
- Burtsev S.A., Kochurov D.S., Shchegolev N.L. Investigating the effect of the binary mixtures composition of noble gases on their thermodynamic and transport properties.MGTU im. N.E. Baumana = Science and Education of the Bauman MSTU, 2015, no. 11, pp. 217–237. (In Russian). DOI: 10.7463/1115.0822897
- Ivanov V.L., Leont'yev A.I., Manushin E.A., Osipov M.I. Teploobmennye apparaty i sistemy okhlazhdeniya gazoturbinnykh i kombinirovannykh ustanovok[Heat-exchange apparatuses and cooling systems of gas-turbine and integrated units]. Moscow, Bauman MSTU Publ., 2003. 591 p. (In Russian).
- Gortyshov Yu.F., Popov I.A., Olimpiev V.V., Shchelchkov A.V., Kas'kov S.I. Teplogidravlicheskaya effektivnost' perspektivnykh sposobov intensifikatsii teplootdachi v kanalakh teploobmennogo oborudovaniya [Thermohydraulic efficiency of promising methods of heat transfer augmentation in heat-transfer equipment channels]. Kazan': “Tsentr innovatsionnykh tekhnologiy” Publ., 2009. 531 p. (In Russian).
- Afanas'yev V.N., Burtsev S.A., Egorov K.S., Kulagin A.Yu. Cylinder in boundary layer of flat plate. Vestnik MGTU im. N.E. Baumana. Ser. Mashinostroenie = Ser. Mechanical Engineering, 2011, no. 2, pp. 3-22. (In Russian).
- Keys V.M., London A.L. Kompaktnye teploobmenniki [Compact heat-exchange units]. Moscow, “Gosudarstvennoe energeticheskoe” Publ., 1962. 160 p. (In Russian).
- Kalinin E.K., Dreytser G.A., Kopp I.Z. Effektivnye poverkhnosti teploobmena [Effective heat-transfer surfaces]. Moscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1998. 408 p. (In Russian).
- Burtsev S.A., Kiselev N.A., Leont'yev A.I. Osobennosti issledovaniya teplogidravlicheskikh kharakteristik rel'yefnykh poverkhnostey. Teplofizika vysokikh temperatur, 2014, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 895-898. (In Russian). DOI: 10.7868/S0040364414060052. (English version of journal:High Temperature, 2014, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 869-872. DOI: 10.1134/S0018151X14060054)
- Ligrani P.M., Oliveira M.M., Blaskovich T. Comparison of Heat Transfer Augmentation Techniques. AIAA Journal, 2003, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 337-362.
- Burtsev S.A., Vinogradov Yu.A., Kiselev N.A. Strongin M.M. Experimental study of thermo-hydraulic characteristics of surfaces with in-line dimple arrangement. Nauka i obrazovanie MGTU im. N.E. Baumana = Science and Education of the Bauman MSTU, 2015, no. 5, pp. 348–369. (In Russian). DOI: 10.7463/0515.0776160
- Burtsev S.A., Vasil'yev V.K., Vinogradov Yu.A., Kiselev N.A., Titov A.A. Experimental study of parameters of surfaces coated with regular relief. Nauka i obrazovanie MGTU im. N.E. Baumana = Science and Education of the Bauman MSTU, 2013, no. 1, pp. 263-290. (In Russian). DOI: 10.7463/0113.0532996
- Kiselev N.A., Burtsev S.A., Strongin M.M. Method for estimation heat-loss coefficients of surfaces with regular profile. Metrologiya, 2015, no. 3, pp. 34-45. (In Russian).
- Shafikov G.A. Heat transfer intensification by means of dimples and knurl on heat cooling surface. Molodezhnyy nauchno-tekhnicheskiy vestnik. MGTU im. N.E. Baumana = Electronic periodical youth scientific and technical bulletin, no. 4, 2015. (In Russian). Available at: http://sntbul.bmstu.ru/doc/775066.html (accessed: 25.02.2016).
- Munyabin K.L. Effectiveness of spherical recesses and bulges as heat-transfer intensifiers. Teplofizika i aeromekhanika = Thermophysics and Aeromechanics, 2003, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 235-247. (In Russian).