A Universal Educational and Research Stand to Simulate Electrical Drive Loading
Machines and Plants: Design and Exploiting # 02, April 2016
1 Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow, Russia
Universal educational and research stand was developed for analyzing an electrical drive’s behavior with different load disturbance effects. Major components of the stand are two electrical drives with rigidly coupled shafts. As a result, first electrical drive (loader) has a capability to imitate effects of different loading types to another one (trial drive).References
Control software for the stand is developed. It allows us to combine a variety of loading types and change parameters of current loading such as joint moment, damping, additional inertia, and external torque. Also there is a capability to imitate effects of elasticity and backlash of mechanical transmissions. The paper considers the main challenge of creating the given system, i.e. discretization with a variable step. Some methods to decrease its negative effects on system stability are suggested.
The given system allows to change loading parameters more rapidly and in a wider range as compared to a system with real mechanical outfit.
These stands are currently used for laboratory classes within the course “Electrical robotic drives” at SM7 department in Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Also the system of interdepended stands for semi-realistic simulation of manipulation systems is under development.
- Maxon motor official website. Available at: http://www.maxonmotor.com (accessed 11.04.16).
- Vanin A.V., Polskiy V.A. Universal research stand for testing of electromechanic modules of manipulating robots. Vestnik MGTU im. N.E. Baumana. Ser. Priborostroenie = Ser. Instrument engineering, 2012, pp. 136-147. (in Russian).
- Agafonov S.A., German A.D., Muratova T.V. Differencial'nye uravnenija [Differential equations]. Moscow, Bauman MSTU Publ., 2004. 352 p. (in Russian).
- Ivanov V.A., Jushhenko A.S. Teorija diskretnyh sistem avtomaticheskogo upravlenija[Theory of discrete automatic-control systems]. Moscow, Bauman MSTU Publ., 2015. 348 p. (in Russian).
- Zenkevich S.L., Jushhenko A.S. Osnovy upravlenija manipuljacionnymi robotami [Principles of manipulation robots control]. Moscow, Bauman MSTU Publ., 2004. 480 p. (in Russian).